Saturday, April 28, 2018

#100dayproject#100daysofwalking Week 3 April 22 to April 28

Day 20: A nice Sunday Evening Walk  
Corner of Pebble and Green Valley Parkway

Pretty bush in front of my complex

1.59 miles 4,200 steps. Consistency and important thing to remember. I was walking this evening knowing I would not get two miles in today according to my app; but, it was a busy at day at church and I was a little tired when I came home. I read a post from a fellow 100 day project member who is also walking; however, her resolve was to get her body moving and enjoy the act of walking without obsessing about miles, time walked or steps, just the beauty of the walk. Interesting concept, then as I was walking through the complex a gentleman talking on his phone stopped and said, you are really consistent with your walking, I see you everyday, keep it up. Consistency that is so important. Today's photo's are from the neighborhood at dusk.



Day 21: Grocery Day


Beautiful foliage everywhere

It is amazing how much walking can be done doing the necessary act of grocery shopping. I was able to log over 2 miles, walking to the grocery store, deliberately walking up and down aisles looking for the best deals and walking home. I add steps and distance by walking around the parking lot before heading home. I am learning to be strategic and make the most of an outing. 2.28 miles and 7,200 steps today.


Day 22: Paying Attention


Beautiful Colors

Today I had a test for Osteoporosis.  I have to have this test every two years because of the Letrozole I take to hopefully deter the return of breast cancer.  In the past I have taken a cab to and from the appointments; however, today I chose to take the bus.  As a result, I was able to log 2.89 miles during that trip.  I took the opportunity to walk from Sunset and Mountain View to Green Valley Parkway with a detour to the dollar store. I also walked a longer way home and a half trip around the complex. The flower above just bloomed and I just love the shape and color.

Day 23:  I love the heartiness of these plants

Cactus casting shadows

Hearty Plants in the Desert
Sometimes keeping a commitment to yourself causes the need for ingenuity and determination.  Today was a really busy day.  I kept thinking about how I would fit in a walk, and I am so glad that I realized that the number of miles is not as important as getting out there and moving my body.  Anyway, I had a limited window and it was during the beginning of the heat of the day here in the desert.  This has been a warm week and on other days I got my walk in during the morning when it is much cooler. Well let me tell you, this definitely will not be an ongoing event.  I logged a little over a mile an a half before I went home.  This event proved my theory that as we inch toward summer I will need to walk in the morning and late in the evening.   Also, over the next week I am going to try walking at the Mall.  There are so many options.

Day 24:  Morning walks are wonderful

Yellow and Burgundy ground cover

Burgundy one of my favorite colors

The walk for today may be in two parts.  Morning walk very pleasant and logged 2.22 miles and 6,200 stops.  However, the plan is go out as the sun goes down for another two times around the complex.  If this works, I will have solidified my summer plan.  The flowers in the photo are ground cover with the most colorful blooms. Did not go out for the evening walk.  Just too tired.

Day 25:  Life gets more interesting with intention

I love these blossoms
Today was a day of running errands.  I got off of the bus at Sunset and Stephanie and decided to add in extra steps while walking to Targets.  I walked from Sunset to Galleria street, I found out this is a mile; then I turned around and walked back to Targets and shopped.  When I got back to the bus stop on Sunset, I had logged 1.84 miles, this is good to know.  When you look at your tasks and then add in extra miles, you can meet your walking goals.  

Day 26: Another Week completed

The most beautiful fragrance
Another week completed. I am really happy that I have been so consistent and determined. This week I logged 17.38 miles. I set a goal of 15 miles a week in my app, so that is the least I want to accomplish each week which averages 2.5 miles a day.

Observations for this week:


  • Walking is making me pay closer attention to my surroundings which is really good.
  • I love thinking of ways to get in my miles
  • I think I am losing inches (great by product of walking)
  • It is getting easier to walk 2 miles
  • Do not walk in the heat of the day, really not smart
  • Walking makes me drink more water which is also good.
  • Cannot wait to see what next week brings
Thanks for stopping by.....pilgrim

No comments: