Saturday, March 10, 2018

Catching up

I just realized that it has been a while since I have written a post.  That is unacceptable and I will have to work on that.  I was watching a Youtube video yesterday and the presenter said she was committed to posting  a new video every Tuesday.  I was inspired to think about making a commitment to myself to post on a regular basis.

For example, certain days of the week are designated projects in which I am involved.  Thursday is write memo to parents of Religious Ed Students; Friday is MOMS preparation and newsletter day; Saturday is empty trash and laundry day. etc.  So I need to pick a day and commit to blogging.  I am going to have to give it some serious thought.

So, to catch up.  What have I been doing artistically?  I have been participating in two year long projects.  Crocheting a granny square a day with the goal of making presents with the squared.  It has been really fun and good physical therapy.
Sample of granny squares

I also have been painting weekly journal spreads based on France Papillon's project paint a layer a day.  The project is designed to encourage daily art work.  It has been a lot of fun.  Some of the completed layouts are below:









These are not posted in any particular order, rather, they represent what I have been creating and let me tell you I am having a blast.

One week I created the cover for the journal.  There is a story about this cover.

The large butterfly was intended for the front and the smattering of butterflies for the back.  Well, I had the book upside down, so the big inviting butterfly ended up on the back and the smattering of butterflies on the front.  Instead of giving up or starting over, I added the word Transformation and some other items to enhance the smattering and it turned out better than I could have imagined.

I hope I can continue to create everyday even if just for 10 minutes because I have another goal that I am not going to talk about now, rather, I am going to let it marinate and I come to terms with what I want to do and how to pull it off.

Until next time,  have a blessed day

pilgrim...

4 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm just loving that patterned butterfly, Glenda - it's an outstanding spread. And your journal cover is terrific, given that it was a 'mistake'. Well done!!

Pilgrim said...

Thanks so much Win. Appreciate your comments.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I love how you made your mistake into something cool. Loved reading your post and like you cuz, I need to make schedules for certain things. I hadn't been posting because I needed a new phone and couldn't transfer photos. Nerve wracking. I have decided to do something I like everyday, for me. So I picked up knitting and I'm working on dish cloths. Nothing spectacular but I like doing it. I have a doll show coming up in two weeks, so I'm working on some things for that. I feel like one of Santa's eves, off season. Have a great day.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I'm loving the photos of your journal pages. Wow. I need to get back to doing pages in my sketchbooks. I refuse to buy another one until one of the three is filled. Love the crochet squares too. I recently finished knitting my second dish cloth. Very therapeutic and they will be holiday gifts.