Saturday, November 12, 2016

#Nanojoumo Day 11 Finding Beauty in Chaos

Finding Beauty in Chaos
Given the events of the past week I decided to exercise creative license and not use all of the prompts for Nanojoumo and do things that talk to me.  I have been very tentative when it comes to collage and abstract painting thinking it had to be perfect and this week has taught me that no matter how hard I may try to put things in place that seem perfect, there will always be something to change my trajectory.

As a result, I am going to spend some time practicing with collage and the art of abstract painting.  Again, this is a way to find ways to express the feelings I have inside of me.  I have struggled for years trying to figure this out mainly because I was too literal.  A tree must be a tree, a flower must be pretty, a face with perfect shading.  I see it clearly now, no one has to see what I see, they can have their own interpretation.  I just have to create it.  whew, the weight of a 10 ton whale just lifted off my shoulders.  Who know where this will lead.

Year 67 is going to be great.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The florist made my corsage for prom and it was stunningly beautiful!! At Bloomthat.com they design your flowers with great taste and love. Best florist in the city, it’s a small store at the corner, but all their designs are special.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I really like these two pages. I started my first journal and I also am being too literal. I also feel like I shouldn't be doing it because I don't know what the heck I'm doing. There's so much to making creative papers but I think if I look at your pages to get some techniques, I can get better.