Wednesday, June 04, 2014

June 4 - Day Four of Staycation A day at the Park

Legacy Park, Henderson, NV


Legacy Park on Wednesday Morning

First attempt at pen and Ink

Today was a productive day.  Wanted to sit in the park before I went to church.  At 7:00 am there was a cool breeze and I wanted to take advantage of that.  I sat on the bench knitting and the cutest little dog came to visit.  His name was Lucky.  His buddy could not be out done, Shadow was his name.  He came and sat next to me as if he wanted a knitting lesson.  Great way to start my day.

After church I worked on ICAD number 4 and I like the results although it was time consuming.  Worked in my journal.  Put black gesso in a couple of pages (I love black gesso).  Collaged some pages and then worked on the Pen and Ink portrait above.  I have never worked in Pen and ink before.  There is no erasing, so you have to commit to every stroke.  Pretty pleased with my first attempt.

Watched a couple of tutorials for the educational part of my at home art retreat.  One video by Barbara Gray demonstrated how you can use rubber stamps on the gelli plate.  I was blown away.  I shared the link on Facebook for any Gelli plate users.

Tomorrow is the first day this week I will be able to stay home all day, so I hope I can really get some arting going and make the cards I need to make. Send positive thoughts folks, I need to make the cards. I want to learn how to do abstract painting.  Will try to find some instructions on you tube.

That is all for today.  Had a great time and feeling accomplished.

Until tomorrow...pilgrim

No comments: