Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Call To Art on line Auction



Dear Reader, there are some wonderful artists participating in this auction such as Mary Beth Shaw, Seth Apter, and Marjie Riordan Kemper.  You can view all of the art on the site between now and the start of the Auction, to let you think about which piece much grace your walls.

Here is the piece I donated to the action

 
Bidding opens on May 15th at 7 am and will end on May 17th AT 3 PM EST.  The opening bid my painting is $10.00.  Our goal is to raise funds for girlsrising.com which is a global campaign for girl's education.
 
The poem on the piece is:
 
I cry tears of Hope
My heart bleeds for peace
I long for the return of innocence
I pray and pray---
When will it come.
 
-Glenda Hoagland 2014
 
 
I will be posting a reminder here each day......Watch this space
 
 


4 comments:

Seth said...

A very meaningful poem Glenda and a beautiful work of art as well.

Pilgrim said...

Thank you so much Seth

The Creative Beast said...

Love your contribution Glenda! Please keep us in the loop as the auction proceeds...

Pilgrim said...

Will do. I will be writing posts through Saturday