Sunday, January 05, 2014

First Post of Year

Untitled by momoo50
Untitled, a photo by momoo50 on Flickr.

The photo being posted represents week 1 from Life Book 2014. I am going to try and post weekly this year. I have to be more confident in my work and embrace it as a real part of me.

I have many projects scheduled for 2014 and one of them is to continue to work on my art. My goal is to learn to paint faces with ease. Right now I think about it too much and become tentative. Let's see how it goes by December 31, 2014.

6 comments:

The Creative Beast said...

I love the artwork you have posted for the beginning of 2014, Glenda! I think your goal to share your artwork more often is a good goal, as well as your goal to stop overthinking the end results of your work.
I know that overthinking is part of the process, and that never really goes away, but when you continue to share your work more, you will feel more comfortable doing so...and the more art you make, the more confident you will become! =-)
Happy New Year, my artful friend! I look forward to seeing you in February!

SandeeNC said...

It's hard to become freer, this I can relate too, but I do think your painting is awesome! You do a great job with faces already!!waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Pilgrim said...

Monica thank you, look forward to seeing you too. Where will you be staying. I am in the dorm this year.

Pilgrim said...

Sandee, thank you I appreciate your kind words.

Soul Food said...

So often we stifle our pursuits for fear.....unknown, criticism ,or many other tiny doubts lurking to sabotage.....keep going and listen to the voice that says....I know I can!!!! We can encourage each other.

Pilgrim said...

Soul food, thank you for your wise counsel. I will take this to heart as I continue my creative journey.