Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Random Thoughts Tuesday: On the Road Again

The Willie Nelson song is floating around in my head.  I am getting ready to leave Sept. 18th for the trip of a lifetime.  It seems so weird to me, but it is so true and I am so blessed.

I am going to CHINA.  Just typing those words gives me chills.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that I would be able to do and accomplish many of the things I have done in my life.  If you ever want to see evidence of the Lord working in someone's life, I am the poster child for it.

In the past 19 years I have been to France, Italy, Hawaii, Switzerland, Monaco and many of the Caribbean Islands.  I have seen many of the states in our own country, I have taken train rides through he Rocky Mountains, through the Alps, through New Mexico and the Appalachians of West Virginia.  I have been to Art Retreats in Port Townsend, Washington, Los Gatos California and Orvieto Italy.

I have saved and scraped to be able to have these adventures and it has been so worth it.  I smile as I write these words because I know just how special this time of my life is.  I have no complaints only many thank you's.  Life is short, so it might as well be interesting.

Yes I am on the road again, looking at the wonders of the world.  Hey, wouldn't it be cool to make pilgrimages to see the 7 wonders of the world?  I mean really.......

Not sure if I will be able to post while I am way, but I will try.  If not, I will definitely post when I return.

So for now, Life Book 2013 and 29 faces of September are on hold until I get back.  I will be capturing the beauty with pictures and in the deep recesses of my mind,  I may even try to sketch a bit (not sure how that will turn out).  But one thing I do know, I will soak up as much as I can.  Wrap it up in my spirit and return home with a new zest for life and love for all of God's creations.

Well time to hit the road....later, Pilgrim

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Have a good trip and come back with some great faces.

The Creative Beast said...

This post is inspiring Glenda! I'd love to hear how you made these wonderful trips happen, if you have any tips to share because I'd love to see Venice, Italy and Paris, France...and maybe even Morocco!