Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Random thoughts tuesday


My beautiful grandchildren Lauren and Kellen.  It has been so fun spending this time with them.

Today's thoughts are truly random.  So much has been going through my mind lately, from how we should treat ourselves and others, friends who are ill and anniversaries of those who have died that meant a lot to me.  In fact last Thursday I spend the day quietly in honor of friends who are on the journey of cancer treatment.

When I woke up today I decided to spend the day in relative quiet and peace for two friends that I just found out need to have surgery later this month.  People are going through so many trials and they just need a hug, or a prayer or both.

ICAD:  later this week I will post some pictures related to the 61 day Index Card Art Project that will end on July 31st, tomorrow.  It was a lot of fun to do and allowed me to work on a small art project daily.  I find that it has improved my technique.

DOODLE CAMP:  doodle camp is over but I am on day 19 of the 24 days of concentrating on one concept, drawing something everyday.  I chose doodles and zentangles and it has been very revealing.  My plan has been to interpret and existing zentangle on one day and the next make up my own.  Will post picture next week.

LIFE BOOK 2013:  I have not done anything for this project while in Michigan, but will play catch up when I get home.  I am really excited to get started again and my main goal is to complete the Mitzi B project.  When I left home I did not like it at all, but I was looking at it from a very negative space.  After watching the Jeannette House video yesterday, my perspective has changed and I will look at it with fresh eyes.

You know sometimes you just do not have anything really profound to say.  Life just moves on at it's own pace and basically you go along for the ride.  At least that is how I feel today.  It is coming up on the 7th Anniversary of my Mom's death and I just realized that the last time I heard her voice was August 2nd, 2006.  She has a bad cold/cough and was very busy with meetings that week.  I remember I finished the conversation with Love You Mom, and I am so glad that I did.

Well dear reader, that is about it for this week. Time to finish my art projects for today and work on my knitting homework for Stitches Midwest.  Take care and be blessed.

2 comments:

carlanda brown williamson said...

good morning darling! great post. xo

Pilgrim said...

Thanks Carlandra, I am really liking doing regular posts.