Sunday, April 28, 2013

Painted background

Painted background  by momoo50
Painted background , a photo by momoo50 on Flickr.

I have been taking an online e course, Expressions, taught be Regina Lord of Creative Kismet, since April 1st. It was a 30 day class, but the site will be up until December to review video lessons.

This portrait was painted on a cardboard packaging insert. I gessoed both sides to make it strong, painted a background using oranges, greens and yellow, then I drew the portrait and painted with wash of white..

After I completed the portrait I looked at in disbelief.....this talent, this side of me has been buried for so long. Though it is a long story that I may someday tell I realize in burying pain, I buried who I really am and what I can do.

There.is so much about me I need to discover. Maybe through art I will find me again.

No comments: