Monday, October 15, 2012

Breast Pocket part 2

I am getting ready to mail more breast pockets so I thought I would post them prior to mailing.  I did remember to take pictures of them all this time.

I have had scraps of fleece from the blankets and bears project at church for 2 years.  We did not want to throw them out, so I took them.  Last night it hit me that I could use them for breast pockets so here is my first attempt.

The top two are made from Japanese Kimono Fabric and the bottom one is made from vellum scrapbook page I received for participating in a breast cancer project.

Butter fly fabric, can't remember where I got it from but I just liked the fluidity of it.  The green is from a Japanese Kimono it can really double as a breast pocket OR a smart phone holder, how is that for versatility.

More Kimono fabric, purchased it from Katie Kendrick.  I love supporting other artists and after I got the fabric, knowing that I am not much of a fabric artist, I wondered what I would do with it all.  Problem solved in a grand fashion.

Repost of the knitted pocket.  I scanned it the first time (not a good idea).

Why am I doing this?  My great-grandmother Fannie Jane Cole, grandmother, Zelma Lee Young and mother, Glennie Mae Barber all had breast cancer twice.  They were courageous women and set an excellent example for me on how to deal with any type of adversity.  So each wobbly stitch that I sew is for them.  Plus, I have just had a darn good time.





2 comments:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

OH GLENDA.. they are BEAUTIFUL.. and I am so honored you used the Butterfly Fabric from my Nature Inspired Collection with Windham...

I have it on my to-do list to make some to send to Melly!...

XOXO

Pilgrim said...

I thought it was from the collection I bought from you. I am going to label it right now. The fabric just spoke to me.. Thanks for viewing my blog.