Wednesday, April 04, 2012

ArtFest.....a Retrospective

Doesn't that title sound great???? that is what ArtFest can do to you.  Not sure how long it will take me to finish this post, but I am starting today 4-4-2012 with a really groovy title.

This was my third year attending ArtFest and the last because, it has ended.  No more ArtFests as we know it today.  Just writing this seems to unreal and it makes me realize how much I missed out on talking myself out of attending when I first discovered it about 10 years ago (more on that in another post. 

I think I am going to Chronicle a little something from each day.

Beginning with March 29, 2012:

I am calling this "Outside Bistro"
  Lisa Bebi's Vintage Village Colorbook class.  This class opened my eyes to impressionist painting.  This was definitely out of my comfort zone, but was a boat load of fun. We painted copied images, not using precise painting but by glopping paint in the image to give and impressionist appearance.  I am going to try this with some of my own photos. 

This was a good day.  I learned that I did not have to change my water every five minutes.  I learned to let go and just enjoy the process.  I learned that it sometimes takes a while for the painting to grow on you.  Anita Webster my good friend was my table mate and we just enjoyed the day.

This is my Favorite. I it is not finished,
but I love how the colors on the girls dresses pop out.
I do plan to finish this picture because I really like it.  I cannot wait to cut it down to size and coat it with medium and varnish.  I will definitely frame it.






I will be posting more pictures over the next few days; however before I end today the picture below

DSC00424.JPGThis is a copy of a trade that I made.  I painted rocks using house paint and matte medium.  I also wrote my word for the year, "Focus".  they were so much fun to make and I am going to make more.

Until next time.....remain on the journey

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Looking forward to reading more of your perspective. So glad we were hall mates. :)

Regina said...

I love your paintings. Looks like a really fun process.

You should see my water when I paint. Sometimes my paints are a different color than intended because the water on my paint brush is so dirty. Yuk!

I don't have a single picture of us. :(

Doodlebugheart said...

Love your paintings. The colors are sublime! Oh, and I got a "focus" rock and love it! Thank you! xo

Pam McKnight said...

I saw the paintings at the show and tell and loved them. I will have to take one of her classes. Thanks for posting.

Michelle D in Oregon said...

This is the first time I've stopped by. What a wonderful piece on artfest. And you examples were lovely.

kt40s said...

Glenda,
so happy i met you at the shuttle pick-up only to find out we were dorm mates! I keep your focus rock in my room next to some gratitude beads regina gave me i love these small treasures!
xo katy

Pilgrim said...

I am so excited to see all the wonderful comments. Thanks so much. I feel so changed and empowered because of ArtFest and all of you.