Saturday, October 16, 2010

It Occurred to Me

Even though I have published a schedule that I really intend to follow, sometimes thoughts come to me that I just have to record while I am in the moment.

This has been a really special year.  Nov. 14, 2009 I celebrated my 60th birthday.  I decided to make the entire year from Nov. 14, 2009 to Nov. 13, 2010 a year of celebration and do things that would bring me joy.  What did I do?  Let me tell you......

March 2010 attended ArtFest for the first time.  I had wanted to attend this event for 10 years and always found some excuse for not following through.  I decided that going to Port Townsend Washington was going to be a birthday present to myself.  I created some wonderful art and the flood gates were opened.  I made lifelong friends and had a hoot of a time.

August 2010, I went to Alabama for the first time.  Visited with my good friends and toured their new home.  It is their retirement dream home and it is simply gorgeous overlooking Lake Tuscaloosa.

October 2010 attending an Acrylic Painting class and participating in Blogging 101.

Nov. 13, 2010...My brother Kenny's 60th birthday.  Kenny died in 2005 after a long illness.  We were very close and  I miss him terribly.  I will celebrate his 60th for one year from Nov. 13, 2010 to Nov. 12, 2011.  I have some really cool stuff planned and I will have his picture with me so his spirit can enjoy the journey.

Life is mean to live, not just think about....

No comments: